Perform a search
This job is no longer advertised.
You can view this job for another 16 days. Please keep a copy of any important information from this ad.
Location: Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
Posted 3 months ago, 9 February 2017
- Be part of the biggest event Australia will host in more than a decade
- Free onsite parking
- Be part of delivering a Great Games
Responsible for the strategic development, leadership and management of the Procurement and Contract Management function.
Shape your career with the perfect job, experience a world of opportunity, be a part of the biggest event to ever come to the Gold Coast
From 4 April 2018, over 6,600 athletes and team officials from 70 nations and territories will converge on the Gold Coast for the largest multi-sport event in Australia this decade.
Witness greatness rarely seen along with 1.5 million spectators and a broadcast audience of 1.5 billion.
Our workforce of approximately 375 staff will grow to 1500 by Games times, with the peak of recruitment taking place mid to late 2017.
The Strategy, Governance and Performance Manager is responsible for the strategic development, leadership and management of the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation (GOLDOC) Procurement and Contract Management function. This role will provide the framework, assurance, reporting and ongoing capability and capacity development to ensure operational excellence in Pre and Post Award Category Management is adopted across the Corporation. In accordance to this, it ensures a high level of engagement and service is provided to the business through its support of procurement and contract management activities.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading the development, implementation, embedment and assurance of procurement and contract management policies, procedures, tools, templates, reporting and training for GOLDOC consistent with its strategic direction and organisational requirements.
- Ensuring WHS, sustainable sourcing, local and indigenous content best practices are incorporated into relevant policies, procedures, tools, templates and ways of working to support Category Management strategies in both Pre and Post Award.
- Developing and implementing robust planning and reporting for procurement activities ensuring key milestones are achieved and mitigation strategies are implemented as required.
- Development and implementation of a Procurement Improvement Roadmap incorporating Operational Excellence aspirations.
- Maintaining current knowledge of business and technical developments in order to provide a high level of consultative, expert and advisory services.
- Balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders to deliver the best value commercial and operational outcomes for the Corporation, including consideration of sponsorship opportunities.
The successful candidate for this role will have substantial knowledge and experience in managing best practice procurement operations and in the delivery of large-scale projects. Additionally, you will have:
- A great understanding of and ability to work within a politically sensitive environment with respect to the procurement of goods and services.
- Be Organised with the ability to achieve strict deadlines
- Relevant qualifications
Applications close : 23rd of February
This role is based on the Gold Coast.