Perform a search
This job is no longer advertised.
You can view this job for another 22 days. Please keep a copy of any important information from this ad.
Location: Gold Coast
Posted 3 months ago, 15 February 2017
- Focus on supporting preparations for GC2018 "locally deployed" operations
- Be part of delivering a Great Games
- Shape your career and create lifelong memories
An opportunity for a strong coordinator with experience in project, event or venue management to be part of Gold Coast history.
Shape your career with the perfect job, experience a world of opportunity, be a part of the biggest event to ever come to the Gold Coast
From 4 April 2018, over 6,600 athletes and team officials from 70 nations and territories will converge on the Gold Coast for the largest multi-sport event in Australia this decade.
Witness greatness rarely seen along with 1.5 million spectators and a broadcast audience of 1.5 billion.
Our workforce of approximately 460 staff will grow to 1500 by Games times, with the peak of recruitment taking place mid to late 2017.
The Readiness Coordinator will support the Manager in driving the testing and readiness program within various areas of GOLDOC and external stakeholders.
The Readiness Coordinator will directly assist the Readiness and C3 Manager (Operations) on the following key activities:
- Operational Trials program (sport and non-sport pre-Games events): driving the program with Sport and Venue Management Functional Areas (FA's); confirming events' scope and objectives around testing & observation
- 'Local-deployment' readiness exercises: design, preparation, and delivery-coordination of both discussion exercise and functional exercise programs
- Learning's capture and corrective action: collate lessons learned from Readiness activities (Operational Trials and exercises) and ensure relevant actions are captured and implemented into plans for GC2018 operations
With experience in program management and end-to-end delivery of large scale projects, you will have strong coordination skills coupled with exceptional abilities to manage multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Operational experience in project management, venue management and event management.
- Ability to remain flexible when faced with ambiguity or constant change
- Demonstrated experience in the MS Suite
- Events and or Operations experience would be ideal.
Applications close: 1st March 2017
Our workforce strategy is focused on balanced leadership, GOLDOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply. GOLDOC does not accept applications or unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.