Perform a search
This job is no longer advertised.
You can view this job for another 23 days. Please keep a copy of any important information from this ad.
Location: Gold Coast
Posted 3 months ago, 15 February 2017
- Take part in the largest sporting event Australia will see this decade
- Work with the best of the best
- Shape your career and create lifelong memories
Seeking a Fleet Workforce and Training Officer to plan, implement and coordinate the training resources and requirements for the Fleet team.
Shape your career with the perfect job, experience a world of opportunity, be a part of the biggest event to ever come to the Gold Coast
From 4 April 2018, over 6,600 athletes and team officials from 70 nations and territories will converge on the Gold Coast for the largest multi-sport event in Australia this decade.
Witness greatness rarely seen along with 1.5 million spectators and a broadcast audience of 1.5 billion.
Our workforce of approximately 460 staff will grow to 1500 by Games times, with the peak of recruitment taking place mid to late 2017.
Fleet is responsible for delivering car-with-driver services for our clients - the Games Family. As a Fleet team member you will be working with one of the biggest teams at the games, with a workforce of approximately 2,500 Fleet Volunteers and paid staff in a friendly, inclusive and dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Fleet Workforce and Training Manager, The Fleet Workforce and Training Officer will play an integral role in the planning, implementation and coordination of the requirements for 2,500 Fleet Workforce who will deliver car-with-driver services for the Games.
- Supporting the ongoing planning and delivery of the Fleet Volunteer program and engagement activities, including selection, training, communications and rostering for each Fleet Depot with a key focus on the Volunteer experience throughout the process.
- Support the development and delivery of the Fleet Volunteer training program, ensuring that suitable material is collated and delivered in line with Fleet Client Service delivery requirements for GC2018.
- Co-ordinate Fleet involvement in Games-wide recruitment and selection events, ensuring availability of Fleet specific resources, with a key focus on candidate experience and efficient scheduling.
- Assist with the operational planning, administration and delivery of Fleet workforce and training.
- At Games time, the role will be appointed to a Workforce Manager position at one of the Fleet depots and will be responsible for the management of workforce related issues on venue, workforce check-in, reward and recognition, schedule changes, attendance, distribution of meals and all welfare related issues.
You will be highly driven and accountable with experience in selection, training, scheduling and management of a diverse staff group, ideally paid staff and volunteers. Additionally, you will have:
- Demonstrated efficiency in multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in an ever changing environment
- Ability to engage, inspire and motivate staff through activities including training and mentoring
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Applications close: 26th February 2017
Our workforce strategy is focused on balanced leadership, GOLDOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply. GOLDOC does not accept applications or unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.