Perform a search
This job is no longer advertised.
You can view this job for another 29 days. Please keep a copy of any important information from this ad.
Location: Gold Coast
Posted 3 months ago, 21 June 2017
- Be part of a globally recognised event
- Our culture is inclusive, engaging and social
- Take on this unique, once in a lifetime opportunity
Seeking a Badminton Technical Operations Manager to be responsible for planning and delivering all technical aspects of Badminton competition.
Shape your career with the perfect job, experience a world of opportunity, be a part of the biggest event to ever come to the Gold Coast
From 4 April 2018, over 6,600 athletes and team officials from 70 nations and territories will converge on the Gold Coast for the largest multi-sport event in Australia this decade.
Witness greatness rarely seen along with 1.5 million spectators and a broadcast audience of 1.5 billion.
Our workforce of approximately 460 staff will grow to 1500 by Games times, with the peak of recruitment taking place mid to late 2017.
Our Badminton Sport team are looking for an enthusiastic team leader to work in conjunction with the Badminton manager to ensure the success of the overall sport's competition planning and delivery. This will be a fantastic opportunity to showcase your motivational skills and effectively lead a high performing team of volunteers, contractors and paid staff.
- Ensure the competition is planned and delivered in accordance with International Federation (IF) and Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) rules and regulations
- Contribute to the preparation of the Competition Schedule and work with relevant stakeholders to ensure competition runs to schedule
- Ensure that all sport equipment complies with IF requirements, oversee & assist the testing, distribution, installation, maintenance and removal of equipment at competition and training venues
- Oversee all activities on and relating to the Field of Play and Warm Up areas, coordinating with Venue Management, Look, Sport Presentation, Medal Ceremonies, Medical, Anti-Doping and other workforce as required
- Liaise with GOLDOC Technology and the appointed Timing, Scoring and Results (TSR) contractor (Swiss Timing) to support the provision and operation of a TSR system that adheres to IF and CGF requirements
- Provide sport specific input into the venue operational planning process for each competition and training venue
You must have:
- A thorough understanding of the requirements for and operations associated with delivering international competition for the relevant sport
- The ability to manage complex operations within a dynamic, high profile sport/event environment
- The capacity to undertake sport specific programming, scheduling and rostering across a significant event
- Proven people management skills
Applications close: 11th of July, 2017
Our workforce strategy is focused on balanced leadership, GOLDOC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates to apply. GOLDOC does not accept applications or unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.